Natural Gas Update
Chesapeake Utilities has advised us that natural gas will be installed in Wolfe Pointe in the next 1 to 2 years. So we should have natural gas available in Wolfe Pointe by the end of 2014 if not sooner. It will be run into Bay Breeze Estates before it is run to us.
Snow Removal Guidelines
With the coming of winter, the possibility of snow exists. Our instructions to our snow removal contractor are as follows:
1. If we receive an accumulation of 3” or more, the roads are to be plowed and de-icing compound is to be used on slippery spots. De-icing compound will especially be used on intersections and on the entrance road.
a. We request that the service provider avoid, to the extent possible, pushing excess snow into drive ways, especially in cul-de-sacs. Nonetheless, the residents should understand that snow being plowed off the road will be pushed into your drive ways. This cannot be avoided. A list of service providers who can clean your driveway, at your expense, is included on the web-site.
b. If snow exceeds 18”, paths are to be cleared to every fire hydrant. Residents can also help by keeping these hydrants accessible.
c. The snow stakes are in place around the community to help plow drivers see the edge of the road at night and with a deep covering of snow. This should reduce damage by the plows to lawns and mail boxes.
2. If we expect to get less than 3” accumulation, deicing compound is to be used wherever it is slippery but especially at intersections and at the entrance and on the curve on Tarpon near Lot 141.
During the week,
the roads are to be treated before 7:00 AM, if possible, and if there is
significant snow accumulation, the parking lot in front of the pool is to be
plowed so that it remains accessible for folks dropping off or picking up
children from the school buses.
Snow Removal Contractors:
Following is a list of contractors that provide snow removal service. All of these contractors have commitments to plow developments and / or other private customers. They will provide service to established customers first. Owners are advised to make arrangements for service at the beginning of the season, or at least, before a storm arrives. These contractors are not listed in any particular order.
1. Bella Terra Property Management and Landscaping Service ; Daytime # 302-422-9000, 24hr # 302- 559 -3784 (WPPOA Snow removal contractor for 2011 & 2012)
2. Clean Cut Interlocking Pavers LLC # 302-645-1922
3. Evergreen Lawns, Jason Bradford: #302-947-4727
4. Greentop Lawn & Landscape, Sean Contijo : #302-245-5820
5. Hurst Lawn & Landscaping, Phil Hurst #302-945-0505
Should we have a snow storm the development's roads will be plowed and de-iced by a service provider contracted by the WPPOA, but it is your responsibility to clear your own driveways and sidewalks. This includes snow that will, unavoidably, be pushed into your driveway as the roads are cleared.
Animal Nuisance Guidelines
The Wolfe Pointe POA board of directors has accepted and voted to approve a new guideline for the community regarding Animal Nuisance Guidelines. The new document is available on the Public Documents page and has been sent to everyone for whom we have an email address. If anyone has any questions about this, please contact Bob LaMorte.
New Community Bulletin Board
Check out the new Community Bulletin Board page. Send us a note if you have an item to add to the bulletin board.
Important Safety Reminder!
Please watch your speed on our roadways and comply with the posted speed limit of 25 mph. There are many children, pets, residents, and guests on and near our roadways, so be mindful of your speed!